It turns out that the default setting is that others cannot tag pictures you post on your business’s Page. They can for your personal profile, but not on your Page.
Luckily, a Facebook user figured out the following method, and we were able to use it on our Pages here at T&S. Works way better than a baseball bat.
Follow these steps to allow users to tag photos on your business’s Facebook Page:
- Go to your Facebook Page.
- Directly below your Page’s Profile photo, click on “Edit Page”.
- In your browser’s URL, note the number that comes AFTER ‘edit/?id=’ That number is your Page ID.
- Go to this URL, but change REPLACEME to your Page ID from step 3: http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/app_settings.php?id=REPLACEME&aid=2305272732
- Click the setting for “Allow All Fans to Tag Photos”
- Save your settings.
Not too difficult, and good to know!