Let’s face it—people love short-form videos! Short-form videos are what made TikTok blow up, leading Instagram and Facebook to follow suit by allowing users to create video reels. Let’s discuss the benefits of posting Facebook Reels and how to create and post one for your business!
Benefits of Facebook Reels
Short-form videos, in general, have many proven benefits for business. But because we are specifically focusing on Facebook, here are some benefits for posting Facebook Reels to your newsfeed:
- Reaches your followers
- Increases followers by reaching new audiences
- Makes your content discoverable to a much larger audience
- Shows off your brand’s personality
- Increases engagement
- Makes product or service promotions quick and easy
- Creates fun and entertaining content
- You can get as creative as you want
How to create a Facebook Reel
Now that you are aware of some of the benefits, let’s get to the fun part: how to create a Facebook Reel! A quick note: Unfortunately, Facebook currently only allows users to create and post reels on a smartphone—not a desktop.
- At the top of your news feed, you should see an option for Stories, Reels, and Rooms. This is where you can toggle back and forth to view recent Reels that others have shared. In this same section, select Reels, and you’ll see “Create reel.”
- Select “Create reel,” and your screen will change to a different view. You may have to give Facebook access to your camera if you haven’t already. You’ll then be ready to upload or create your own Reel!
- Along the bottom, you can see recent videos and photos in your camera roll that you can upload if you choose. If you want to create a Reel from scratch, click the red record button.
- Facebook offers different effects and editing tools to help you make a great and memorable Reel. You can add music, set a green screen, set a timer, change the speed, or add a cute or fun filter.
- Once your Reel is edited and ready, click “Next.” This is where you can create a caption as you would for a regular post. Be sure to include relevant hashtags!
That’s it! The more you create a Reel, the more experienced you will get. Get creative and have fun! Facebook is your oyster—or whatever Phoebe said.
Facebook Reels can have a big impact on your business and its discoverability. If you have any questions or need help with your social media content, we are here for you!